Two out of two for Ireland
Ireland made it two wins out of two in the Celtic Cup with a narrow 7-run win (DLS) against Scotland in Dundee.
A disciplined bowling display by the Girls in Green saw Scotland restricted to 90 for 5 in their 50 overs, with the opening pair of Amy Kenealy and Aoife Beggs conceding just 10 and 12 runs respectively in their four-over spells.
Rachel Delaney (3-26) was the most successful of the Irish attack, while Kim Garth (1-13) and Gaby Lewis (1-20) were the other wicket takers.
Kathyrn Bryce top scored for the Wildcats with 21, while Olivia Rae hit 20.
In reply, the Irish lost Gaby Lewis (1) and Shauna Kavanagh (7) - who had won her 50th cap in the first match of the day - cheaply.
However, with the Irish on 29 for 2 after five overs, a heavy downpour forced the game to be abandoned with them seven runs ahead on the DLS calculation - thanks primarily to an unbeaten 19 from Clare Shillington.
- Amy Kenealy opens the bowling
- Ollie Rae plays through the leg side
- Aoife Beggs opens from the pavilion end
- Mary Waldron collects the ball
- Ollie Rae on the drive
- Turned to the leg side
- Kathryn Bryce makes her ground
- Front foot drive by Kathryn Bryce
- Hit over the top
- Could have been close with a direct hit
- Kathryn Bryce who top scored with 21
- Kim Garth
- Isobel Joyce in her delivery stride
- Sarah Bryce late cut
- Rachel Delany flights the ball
- Becky Glen forward defensive
- Gaby Lewis about to release the ball
- Becky Glen hits out
- The match officials
- Liz Priddle hits out through mid-wicket
- Irish high fives
- Four runs for Lorna Jack
- Liz Priddle pull shot
- Priyanaz Chatterji on the front foot
- Clare Shillington cut shot
- Clare Shillington who finished on 19 not out
- Kathryn Bryce releases the ball
- Shauna Kavanagh cover drive
- Swept behind
- Delight for Scotland
- Swept away as the rain gets heavier
- The covers are on