Ireland left frustrated again by the weather
Ireland were left once again frustrated by the weather after heavy rain caused the abandonment of their rearranged One-Day International against Bangladesh at Shaw's Bridge.
At least on Friday they did manage to take the field, with Cecelia Joyce and debutant Meg Kendal making a positive start before play was halted.
The pair shared an opening stand of 68 in 18 overs, with Joyce hitting 5 fours in an unbeaten 37, while Kendal found the boundary twice in her 26 not out.
The fixture also marked the 50th international appearance for Lucy O'Reilly at just 16 years of age.
- First cap for Meg Kendal
- Steered away by Cecilia Joyce
- Meg Kendal opened for Ireland
- Tucked away by Meg Kendal
- Bangladesh rapt attention
- Cut away by Meg Kendal
- Pulled by Kendal
- Boundary for Cecilia Joyce
- Cecilia Joyce through extra cover
- Rains ends play - unbeaten openers Meg Kendal and Cecilia Joyce