Joyce leads Ireland to victory over South Africa
IRELAND beat South Africa by seven wickets to claim a fully deserved consolation win in the fourth and final ODI at The Hills.
Former skipper Isobel Joyce smashed 12 boundaries in an undefeated 62 as Ireland romped to victory with almost 14 overs to spare.
Joyce shared an unbroken fourth wicket stand of 78 with teenager Gaby Lewis (27*), after the experienced Clare Shillington (28) had given the Irish a positive start in their run chase.
Earlier, three wickets apiece for wily leg-spinner Ciara Metcalfe (3-27) and vice-captain Kim Garth (3-27) saw South Africa dismissed for 143 in blustery conditions.
Andrie Steyn top scored for the Proteas with 43, while Chloe Tryon (30) and Laura Wolvaardt (20) were also among the runs.
The Irish attack never relinquished their grip on proceedings, with Lucy O'Reilly, Louise McCarthy and Gaby Lewis also among the wickets.
- Player of the Series Sune Luus
- South African captain receives the series trophy
- The South African squad
- The victorious Ireland squad after their win in the 4th ODI
- Laura Wolvaardt scored 20
- Isobel Joyce
- Louise McCarthy
- Kim Garth
- Trisha Chetty batting
- Mary Waldron celebrates the catch
- Kim Garth congratulated
- Played square
- More celebrations for Ireland
- Sliced to point...
- ..where a delighted Lucy O'Reilly takes the catch
- Lucy O'Reilly congratulated by Cath Dalton
- Kim Garth took three wickets
- Straight driven
- Full face of the bat
- Lucy O'Reilly
- Ciara Metcalfe
- Square cut
- Gaby Lewis
- Chloe Tryon
- Punched back
- Kim Garth shows off her celebration moves
- Just in
- Una Raymond-Hoey
- Ciara Metcalfe took three wickets
- Ireland bowl South Africa out for 143
- Hugs all round
- Una Raymond Hoey
- Clare Shillington scored a quick 28
- Leaping in
- Belted away
- Sune Luus
- Boundary for Cath Dalton
- Introduction of spin
- Played away by Gaby Lewis
- Return to the keeper
- Throw comes in
- Isobel Joyce
- Isobel Joyce hit 8 fours in her 62 not out -the highest ODI score by an Irish number 5
- Isobel Joyce acknowledges applause for her fifty
- Congratulations to Isobel Joyce as Ireland win by 7 wickets