Ireland and The Netherlands thwarted by rainstorm
The second match of the day, between Ireland and The Netherlands, had to be abandoned after just four overs when a thunderstorm burst over Bready and flooded the ground.
Having been put into bat, Ireland had reached 28 for the loss of four wickets when the skies opened and the lakes soon began to form on both the square and outfield.
The opening partnership of Clare Shillington and Melissa Scott-Hayward put on 19 before the latter was bowled by Leonie Bennett who then followed up with the wicket of Isabel Joyce, trapped in front without scoring.
Shillington, who was caught off a full toss above waist height, was unbeaten on 19 when the thunder and lightning turned into a tropical downpour.
Immediately after the game had been abandoned the Bready groundstaff began intensive efforts to repair the damage to the ground in the hope that play will be possible tomorrow.
- Netherlands warm up
- That's me there Brian - Maxine Entrop
- Clare Shillington batting
- Driven away by Clare Shillington
- Melissa Scott-Hayward drives
- Esther De Lange bowling
- Boundary for Melissa Scott-Hayward
- Heather Siegers
- Lofted drive by Clare Shillington
- Giving chase
- Miscued by Clare Shillington
- Heather Siegers takes the ball but it's not out
- Clare Shillington struck on the leg
- Melissa Scott-Hayward is bowled by Bennett
- Isobel Joyce is lbw to Bennett
- Netherlands celebrate the wicket
- Cecelia Joyce replaces Isobel
- Boundary for Cecelia Joyce despite the despairing dive
- In hot pursuit
- Torrential rain brought proceedings to a halt