Netherlands' earlier defeat of Scotland set up the final match between Ireland and the hosts, and Rambaldo again elected to bat on winning the toss. But Ireland's attack was much more effective this time, restricting the Netherlands to 89 for eight, Rambaldo herself leading the way with 31 from 40 deliveries.
13-year-old leg spinner Elena Tice showed great promise in taking three for 22, although she still lacks consistency in line and length, and by removing both Rambaldo and Violet Wattenberg, who had put on 31 for the third wicket, she gave her side a great chance.
Garth (22) and Joyce (33) then seized the initiative with a 51-run opening stand - the only half-century partnership of the day - but once they were both run out the run rate slowed somewhat, and once again the chase extended into the final over.
With plenty of wickets in hand, however, Laura Delany and Kenealy were able to pace their chase fairly comfortably, and the Dutch fielders were unable to stem the flow of runs which eventually saw Ireland home with two balls to spare.
But with two very close finishes Ireland's net run rate was unable to compete with the Netherlands, and it was the home side which took the honours, with the Irish second and Scotland, despite their opening win over Ireland, having to settle for third place.
- Miranda Veringmeier is run out by a Kenealy throw
- Amy Kenealy bowling
- Violet Wattenberg cuts through point
- Wattenberg pulls for a couple
- Helmien Rambaldo slogs to midwicket
- Four for Rambaldo
- Wattenberg wanders about and is bowled by Elena Tice
- Rambaldo plays to leg
- A fine sweep shot by the Dutch Captaine
- Louise McCarthy finds the stumps of Esther Lanser
- Denise Hannema plays straight into the hands of bowler Tice
- Runs for Esther de Lange
- A leading edge loops over Helmien Rambaldo...
- ...and she is easily caught by substitute Emma Flanagan
- De Lange puts a short one away
- De Lange just makes it in time
- Kim Garth plays past point
- Isobel Joyce pulls the ball square
- Joyce plays to leg
- A square drive by Joyce
- Joyce is safe by inches
- Keeper Wattenberg keeps Garth on het toes
- Joyce hits out
- Joyce perishes to a direct hit by Veringmeier
- Garth is challenged by a yorker
- A straight drive by Kim Garth
- Laura Delany plays to gully
- Delany on the drive
- A far throw into the stumps means the end for Kim Garth
- Laura Delany plays off the hip
- Amy Kenealy goes over the top
- Another lofted shot by Kenealy
- Amy Kenealy drives square
- Kenealy in trouble
- That's a better shot!