Sharjeel Khan's brilliant 152 propelled Pakistan to an emphatic 255 runs win over Ireland in the first KPC Group one-day international at Malahide.
A delayed start saw the game reduced to 47 overs a side but a magnificent knock from the 27 year old made the sizeable crowd forget the murky conditions.
The left-hander was in immaculate touch as he hit 16 fours and 9 sixes in his 152 from just 86 balls - being particularly savage on any error in length or line from the Irish attack.
Sharjeel shared a 90-run stand with Mohammad Hafeez (37) and another of 96 with Babar Azam (29) as Pakistan racked up the runs, but even after the opener had gone one of four victims for Barry McCarthy - the onslaught continued.
Shoaib Malik (57*) and Mohammad Nawaz (53) added a further 105 for the 6th wicket in just 83 balls, allowing the batting side to close on a mammoth 337-6.
Barry McCarty (4-62) continued his excellent start to his Ireland career while Tim Murtagh (1-38 from 10) escaped the carnage.
Chasing a mammoth 338 to win it was in reality only ever going to be about respectability for John Bracewells charges; however Imad Wasim and Umar Gul saw to it that they didnt even get that.
Once Mohammad Amir bowled Paul Stirling with a beauty of an inswinger off just the second ball of the innings, Irish supporters were probably left fearing the worst.
William Porterfield (13) and Ed Joyce (9) managed to batten down the hatches for a few overs before Gul (3-23) did for both of them and added the wicket of Kevin OBrien second ball for 4 shortly after, just for good measure.
From there on it was all about Imad Wasim - the left arm spinner actually played in Ireland last season with Instonians- and he ran through the lower order to finish the game in double-quick time.
What little resistance there was came from Gary Wilson (21) and Andy McBrine (14*) before Imad (5-14) claimed the final three wickets in the space of just four deliveries as the hosts were skittled for 82.
The teams meet again at the same venue on Saturday 20 August (10:45am) in the second game of the series where Porterfields men will be desperate for the chance to repair the damage.
- Pakistan warm up
- Ireland's call
- Time for action
- Straight 6 in the first over by Sharjeel Khan
- Azhar Ali edges ...
- ... anxious look...
- ... and disappointment for the Pakistan skipper
- Sharjeel Khan pulls for 4
- New bat please!
- Another boundary
- Mohammad Hafeez sweeps
- Enjoying the game
- Can we have our ball back?
- Maximum for Sharjeel Khan
- Classic drive
- Sharjeel Khan celebrates his century
- Paul Stirling
- Another Sharjeel 6....
- ... acclaimed by the crowd
- Niall O'Brien catches Babar Azam
- Sharjeel Khan lofts it straight up...
- ... safely pouched by Niall O'Brien
- Sharjeel Khan 152 off 86 balls, 16 fours and 9 sixes
- 6 for Shoaib Malik
- Another maximum
- Shoaib Malik 6 over mid wicket
- Miscue by Mohammad Nawaz....
- ... safely held by Paul Stirling
- Boundary for William Porterfield
- Porterfield bowled by Umar Gul
- Clipped to the boundary by Ed Joyce
- Short ball pulled by Ed Joyce...
- ... caught by Hasan Ali
- Dancing for joy
- Opening boundary for Kevin O'Brien
- Kevin O'Brien edges to the keeper...
- ... no mistake by Sarfraz Ahmed
- Niall O'Brien down the pitch and stumped
- Stuart Poynter drives to cover boundary
- Stuart Poynter trapped lbw
- Straight 6 by Andrew McBrine
- Gary Wilson stumped
- Barry McCarthy bowled...
- .....next ball Tim Murtagh also bowled...
- 2 balls later last man Peter Chase also bowled