Matthew Cross proved a thorn in the Irish side as Scotland took an unassailable 2-0 lead in the T20 International series.
Continuing in the same vein as Thursday night's opening encounter, 22 year-old wicket-keeper batsman Cross timed the ball superbly as he top scored with 48 from just 30 balls (6 fours, 1 six).
Chasing 167 for the win, Scotland lost George Munsey to the second ball of the reply, bowled by a Tyrone Kane (1-30) inswinger. His early departure only allowed Cross to take full advantage of the power-play fielding restrictions.
Cross and Kyle Coetzer (34) added 73 in just 46 balls as Scotland's aggressive approach unsettled the Irish attack.
George Dockrell applied the brakes with a superb spell of 3 for 21, dismissing Coetzer, Cross and Michael Leask in quick succession to leave the game finely balanced at 100 for 4 in the 12th over.
Scotland skipper Preston Mommsen took his side to victory without further alarm as he added an unbroken 67 in 42 balls with Richie Berrington (20*).
Mommsen struck 5 fours and a maximum in a well controlled 47 not out from just 29 deliveries as the win was secured with 11 balls remaining.
The Irish innings saw six of the top order reach double figures, but none was able to kick on and play the destructive innings required.
Kevin O'Brien and Andrew Poynter were joint top scorers with 36, while Andrew Balbirnie (31), and Tyrone Kane (26*) also chipped in.
Ireland kept losing wickets at crucial times, which meant they were never able to achieve the necessary momentum.
Saffyan Sharif (2-26) was the pick of the Scottish attack.
- Scotland won the toss
- Captains with David Jukes and Roland Black
- Saffyan Sharif bowling
- Gvain Main bowling to Stuart Poynter
- Gavin Main
- Driven by Stuart Poynter
- Wide signalled by Mark Hawthorne
- Stuart Poynter edges behind
- Sharif celebrates
- Scotland celebrate
- Run out attempt by Gavin Main
- John Anderson hooks Gvain Main..
- George Munsey with the catch
- Flying Scotsman Gavin Main
- Preston Mommsen enquires about the catch
- Swept by Andrew Poynter
- Ritchie Berrington bowling
- Andrew Balbirnie batting
- Andrew Poynter
- Huge appeal by Mark Watt
- Sliced by Andrew Poynter...
- ..where Sharif takes the catch
- Boundary for Andrew Balbirnie
- Kevin O'Brien made 36
- Hooked by Kevin O'Brien
- Improvisation from Andrew Balbirnie
- Josh Davey and Kevin O'Brien
- Powerful drive by Andrew Balbirnie
- Scottish celebrations
- Middle of the bat from Kevin O'Brien
- Tyrone Kane
- Josh Davey
- Tyrone Kane and Kevin O'Brien
- Kevin O'Brien lofts to long on..
- ..where Michael Leask takes the catch
- Saffyan Sharif congratulated after taking the wicket of Kevin O'Brien
- One handed from Tyrone Kane
- Well fielded on the boundary
- Tyrone Kane batting
- Cut by Tyrone Kane
- Almost a run out off the last ball
- Happy supporters
- George Munsey
- George Munsey is bowled by Tyrone Kane
- Kane celebrates the wicket of Munsey
- Ireland celebrate
- George Dockrell and Tyrone Kane
- Middle of the bat from Matthew Cross
- Alex Cusack bowling
- Matthew Cross top scored with 48
- Craig Young bowling
- Matthew Cross hits another boundary
- Hooked by Kyle Coetzer..
- ..but just out of reach
- Graeme McCarter bowling
- Kyle Coetzer misses the ball...
- ..and is stumped
- Congratulations from Stuart Poynter for George Dockrell
- Matthew Cross is dismissed
- Michael Leask is bowled by George Dockrell
- George Dockrell took three wickets
- Diving stop by Stuart Poynter
- Preston Mommsen boundary
- Preston Mommsen scored 47 not out
- Driven away by Richie Berrington
- Return comes in to George Dockrell
- Driven by Preston Mommsen
- Preston Mommsen and Richie Berrington come off after securing a six wicket win