Ireland fell to a 107 run loss against a talented Sri Lankan A side in the second of their three match series at Stormont.
Sri Lankan skipper Ashan Priyanjana top scored with 111, and received excellent support from Chathuranga de Silva, Mahela Udawatte, and Danushka Gunatilleke.
The trio all scored half centuries as their side compiled an imposing 329 for 8 in their 50 overs, benefitting from an excellent pitch and a lightning fast outfield, which offered full value for their strokes.
The Sri Lanka top order punished anything remotely loose, striking a total of 49 boundaries, which the Irish attack found difficult to stem.
Andrew White showed all his experience to take 1-29 in his 10 overs, while Craig Young bowled excellently to finish with 4 for 44.
The Irish reply got off to to the worst possible start as Wednesday's centurion Stuart Poynter gave a return catch to leg-spinner Seekkuge Prasanna (5-50) from the first ball.
Andrew Balbirnie (2), Nick Larkin (16) and Andrew Poynter (1) fell cheaply as Ireland stumbled to 47 for 4.
John Anderson struck five boundaries in his 32 before being bowled by the impressive Chameera (3-34).
Stuart Thompson went on the offensive, striking 3 sixes and 2 fours in his 51 from 52 balls, sharing a 6th wicket stand of 66 with Andrew White (45).
Andrew McBrine (31) and Eddie Richardson (27) continued the late order rally, adding 50 in just 33 balls for the 8th wicket, but the dismissal of McBrine saw three wickets fall for just a single as they finished on 222 all out.
The teams were due to meet in a third match of the series at Coleraine on Sunday 27 July but the match was abandoned without a ball being bowled.
- Ireland squad
- Joe Doherty congratulates Andrew White
- Peter Chase
- Peter Chase of Malahide
- Skipper Andrew Poynter
- Udawatte batting
- John Anderson fields
- Half century
- Danushka congratulated
- Ireland women players Louise McCarthy and Kate McKenna
- Gunatilleke is lbw to Andrew White
- Andrew White celebrates the breakthrough
- Andrew Stevens
- Much to talk about
- Driven through the covers
- Punched through the covers for four
- Late cut
- Andrew Balbirnie
- Nick Larkin congratulated by Stuart Thompson
- Craig Young bowling
- Craig Young in action
- Sliced to Andrew Balbirnie
- Andrew Balbirnie takes the catch
- Andrew Balbirnie takes the catch
- Two for hundred
- Maybe not
- Just back
- Priyanjana reaches his century
- Priyanjana congratulated
- Swept away
- Andrew McBrine takes the catch
- Yet another half century
- Andy McBrine gets a run out
- Andrew McBrine congratulated by Andrew Balbirnie
- Miscue brings wicket for Craig Young..
- ..who demonstrates how he cut his fingers across the seam
- Successful appeal by Craig Young
- Delight for Craig Young who took 4 for 44
- John Anderson scored 32
- John Anderson struck on the pad
- Huge appeal by Prasanna
- Andrew Balbirnie struck on the leg
- Successful appeal by Prasanna
- Captain's mother and daughter
- Nick Larkin nicks
- Nick Larkin caught
- On driven by John Anderson
- Pulled by Andrew Poynter
- Chameera bowling
- Andrew Poynter bowled
- The end of Andrew Poynter
- Chameera celebrates
- John Anderson is bowled
- Stuart Thompson facing
- Just past the edge
- Cut by Stuart Thompson
- Tom and Noel riveted to the action
- Runs for Stuart Thompson
- Well flighted
- Runs for Andrew White
- Stuart Thompson struck on the pad
- Big appeal
- Bathing in the sunshine
- Andrew White scored 45
- Stuart Thompson
- Andrew White
- Half century for Stuart Thompson
- Andrew McBrine batting
- Appeal against Andrew White
- Andrew White is bowled
- Andy McBrine batting
- Boundary for Eddie Richardson
- Prasanna congratulated
- Huge appeal against Craig Young
- Prasanna roars with delight at his five wicket haul