Ireland completed their Nagico Super 50 campaign with a superb 64 run win against defending champions Windward Islands.
It was a relatively low scoring affair on a turgid track at the Queen's Park Oval in Trinidad which severely restricted all the batsmen.
Niall O'Brien top scored for Ireland with 44 from 63 balls (2 fours, 1 six) in their total of 179 all out, with Stuart Thompson also playing well for his 32.
That total looked to be below par at the halfway stage, but Ireland got off to a flying start when Stuart Thompson removed West Indies international Johnson Charles with just 2 on the board.
George Dockrell, playing in his 101st match for Ireland, bowled with great guile and control, taking 3 for 14, including the vital wicket of Andre Fletcher (19).
Max Sorensen (1-16) removed Windward Islands top scorer Tyrone Theophile (27) as Ireland took control, with all the bowlers backed up by an athletic and energetic fielding display, exemplified by run outs for Stuart Thompson and William Porterfield.
Paul Stirling (1-13) bowled tidily on his return from injury, but the final word went to Andrew Poynter, who finished proceedings taking 2 for 11 - his first wickets for Ireland in his 47th game.
After a disappointing first two games in the competition, this was more like the Ireland side which has dominated Associate cricket in recent years. The win ensured that coach Phil Simmons in his 200th game in charge of Ireland wore a broad grin in his home town of Port-of-Spain.
Ireland will stay in Trinidad where they will play two warm-up games against local opposition before moving on to Jamaica for their clashes against the West Indies.
- Paul Stirling returned to open the batting
- William Porterfield is dropped by David Emmanuel
- Johnson celebrates the dismissal of Porterfield
- Niall O'Brien drives through the covers
- Keddy Lesporis gives chase
- Niall O'Brien drive down the ground
- Gary Wilson batting for Ireland
- Wilson is bowled round his legs by Liam Sebastien
- Andrew Poynter goes down the wicket but fails to make contact
- Poynter fails to get back ...
- ... and Fletcher completes the stumping
- Soon after Niall O'Brien was also stumped by Fletcher
- Kevin O'Brien gets an inside edge
- O'Brien looks back at his shattered stumps
- A forlorn O'Brien sets off back to the pavilion
- Craig Young opened the bowling
- Stuart Thompson has opener Charles caught in his first over
- Ireland celebrate the dismissal of Charles
- Tyrone Theophile hits out
- Theophile drives a ball from Max Sorensen
- Theophile cuts at Sorensen
- Max Sorensne and his team are delighted as they get rid of Keddy Lesporis for nought
- Kevin O'Brien can't hold on to this one
- George Dockrell's three wickets earned him the Man of the Match award