Stirling starred as Ireland crushed Hong Kong to reach World Twenty20 finals.
Paul Stirling produced a stunning Man of the Match performance to guide Ireland to automatic qualification for the ICC World Twenty20 finals in Bangladesh im March 2014.
The Middlesex all-rounder top scored with 77 from 46 balls (9 fours, 3 sixes) to help Ireland to a mammoth 207-4, and followed that up with a stunning spell of 4-10 to restrict Hong Kong to 122 all out.
Stirling's figures were the second best in T20 cricket for Ireland - bettered only by Boyd Rankin's 4-9 against Uganda last year.
He and George Dockrell (2-18) combined to spark a dramatic Hong Kong collapse, which saw them lose their last eight wickets for just 30 runs - indeed at 92-2, Hong Kong were actually a run ahead of Ireland at the comparative half-way stage.
The turning point was an athletic one handed catch at midwicket by William Porterfield to dismiss Hong Kong dangerman Jamie Atkinson, who had struck 48 from 38 balls (3 fours, 3 sixes) to offer his side some hope.
Ireland's fielding was exemplary, with James Shannon, brought in to the team in place of NIall O'Brien, taking two stunning efforts at long-off. Gary Wilson had also produced an outstanding piece of glove-work to stump Irfan Ahmed off Max Sorensen in the first over of the Hong Kong reply.
Earlier, the Ireland opening partnership of William Porterfield and Paul Stirling had got their team off to a blistering start after opting to bat, adding 91 in just 61 balls before Porterfield was dismissed.
Porterfield had made 38 from 30 balls (5 fours, 1 six), playing second fiddle for once in the competition to Stirling, who was at his belligerent best.
The departure of Stirling, caught on the long-on boundary, paved the way for Kevin O'Brien to take centre stage, and the powerful Railway Union man showed echoes of Bangalore as he was at his destructive best to take the match away from Hong Kong.
He hit five sixes and 3 fours in an unbeaten 62 from just 27 balls, as Ireland added an incredible 70 runs in the final five overs.
On another record breaking day for Ireland, the 85 run margin of victory was their best in a T20 game, as were the ten sixes hit by the team.
Ireland qualified for their 7th World Cup in eight years, continuing their excellent record amongst their fellow Associates.
Ireland progressed to the semi-finals to play UAE.
- Paul Stirling and William Porterfield open the batting after Ireland win the toss
- Tanvir bowling
- Paul Stirling gets treatment after hurting his knee
- Flicked by Paul Stirling
- William Portefield batting
- Great take by Jamie Atkinson
- Six hit by Paul Stirling
- Ball is retrieved
- Paul Stirling batting
- Crashed away by Paul Stirling
- Boundary for William Porterfield
- Steaming in
- Appeal by Moner
- Powerful reverse swept boundary by William Porterfield
- Attempted run out
- Punched to deep cover by Paul Stirling
- The Irish camp
- Six hit by Paul Stirling...
- ..sails over the head of the fielder
- Another maximum
- Paul Stirling caught on the boundary by Irfan Ahmed
- Applause for Paul Stirling
- Six hit by Kevin O'Brien
- Runs for Gary Wilson
- Edged to the boundary by Gary Wilson
- Six hit by Gary Wilson
- Huge six by Kevin O'Brien
- Moner unhappy
- Big blow from Kevin O'Brien
- Kevin O'Brien reaches fifity
- The board at the ground shows his details
- Kevin O'Brien finishes unbeaten on 62 with another six as Ireland make 207 for 4
- Irfan is brilliantly stumped by Gary Wilson
- Ireland celebrate the wicket of Irfan
- John Mooney congratulates Max Sorensen
- Tim Murtagh appeals for lbw
- Trent Johnston
- Six hit for Jamie Atkinson
- Runs for Waqas Barkat
- Scrambled single
- Lofted drive by Barkat
- Alex Cusack bowling
- The ball eludes Gary Wilson
- Six hit by Jamie Atkinson
- Max Sorensen takes the catch
- Five wides as the ball evades Gary Wilson
- Jamie Atkinson scored 48
- Gary Wilson congratulates William Porterfield
- The scoreboard was impressed too
- Carved by Nizikat
- Kevin O'Brien bowling
- James Shannon congratulated by Tim Murtagh
- Another stunning catch by James Shannon
- William Porterfield runs to congratulate James Shannon
- Paul Stirling congratulated
- Moner makes his ground
- George Dockrell bowling
- Moner bowled by George Dockrell
- Congratulations for George Dockrell
- Lofted in the air by Tanvir
- Another catch for George Buckets Dockrell
- Paul Stirling took four for 10
- Ireland get a run out
- James Shannon delighted after getting a wicket with his first ball in international cricket
- Ireland celebrate the 85 run win
- Congratulations Ireland
- William Porterfield comes off after Ireland win by 85 runs
- James Shannon and Paul Stirling with Robin Walsh
- James Shannon who took two stunning catches and a wicket with his first ball
- Paul Stirling and Kevin O'Brien scored half centuries
- Thumbs up from Middlesex pair of Tim Murtagh and Paul Stirling
- Paul Stirling receives MOM award from Dev Govindjee
- Richard Holdsworth, Robin Walsh and Richard Done
- The Mo Bros