Youth Coaching Program 2017
Waringstown Cricket Club will again be staging a Junior Coaching Program for its younger members on a Monday night. As ever utilising the club professional Shaheen Khan and a number of the senior players. The program will run over 12 weeks commencing on Monday 15th May and running until the 14th August (except the July Fortnight). Start times - All age groups will begin at 6.45pm. The finishing times for each year group are stated below.
- Primary 3 – 8.15pm
- Primary 4 & 5 – 8.15pm
- Primary 6 & 7 – 8.15pm
- U11/U13/U15 (Lyness/Damien/Aaron’s group) – 8.30pm
- The under 15 group that originally trained on a Wednesday night has now been moved to train with the Under 13 group on a Monday night. There are a number of reasons for this but mainly as the majority of the Under 13 members will be playing for the Under 15’s, it made sense to merge the two for training purposes and have 4 expert coaches working with them. The Under 15’s is the penultimate junior squad before entering into senior cricket and thus we’ve taken the step to have as much one – on – one coaching made available to them to assist in their development. It will also allow our coaches to use their own expertise more effectively when working as a smaller group.
- The club have decided to place a maximum amount of children that can sign up to the program. This allows our coaches to deliver an even higher standard of training to our young players based on a knowledge of the size of group they will be working with on a weekly basis. Consequently, each group will be weighted to a maximum of 25 young people per group. Similar to last year, there will be an overflow group for the Primary 4 & 5 group due to demand. Note: This weighting does not apply to Lyness/Damien/Aaron’s group
- The cost for the Junior Coaching program remains at £40 per child. If there are more than 1 child from the same family attending, the cost will remain at £20 per additional child. The registration evening will take place on Monday 8th May 2017 from 7.00pm – 9.00 pm. We would strongly recommend attending, so you can ensure that your child/children can obtain a place on the 2017 coaching program.
- NOTE – Due to public holidays, there will be no Junior sessions taking place on Monday 10th July 2017 or Monday 17th July 2017.
- If you have any questions or queries, you may address them during the registration evening or alternatively you can contact: Andrew – 07849645400 or James - 07857261443
- Andrew Mitchell & James Mitchell WCC Cricket Development Officers 2017