Jersey stumbled to victory over Nigeria today in Kuala Lumpur in WCL Div. 6. The fixture was a replay of the round three game that the sides had been forced to abandon on Tuesday due to adverse weather conditions.

The toss for the game took place on schedule, with Jersey choosing to field, but as soon as captain Peter Gough had made his decision the weather took a turn for the worse and the rain clouds blew in, leading to a delayed start and the match being reduced to 40 overs.

Endurance Ofem's men have not been performing well with the bat this tournament and the side needed a good start and a decent total on the board but Jersey's bowling attack had other ambitions.

James Faudemer, Anthony Hawkins-Kay and Ben Stevens proved to once again be the men to deliver for Jersey. Faudemer's slow left-arm spin was the downfall of the Nigerians today, the 20-year-old claiming four wickets, including those of key top order batsmen Varun Behani, Oluwaseun Odeku and player-coach Sean Philips.

Hawkins-Kay showed his speed once again this time to dismiss opener Ademola Onikoyi for just two runs and in-form batsman Olejide Bejide, the latter departing for a duck.

It was an unfortunate innings for the African side who managed just 110 in 32 overs but all was not lost for the side as a quick turnaround saw Nigeria back on the field ahead of the lunch break and claiming three wickets before food was served.

Jersey captain Gough was promoted to opening the batting alongside Ed Farley, the latter departing for a duck after facing just three balls. Gough managed just six runs before he was dismissed by Joshua Ogunlola, the medium-pacer tempting the 26-year-old to edging the ball to Nigeria wicketkeeper Onikoyi.

Saheed Akolade then dismissed Ben Stevens, clean bowling the 19-year-old and four overs later Akolade sent Ben Silva packing after the 33-year-old was caught by some nifty fielding from Ramit Gill.

It was then up to Dean Morrison and Corey Bisson to steady the ship for the Channel Island side but not for long as Bisson departed after being caught by Behani off the bowling of off-break bowler Olakejan Awolowo.

Things went from bad to worse for the side as two batsman departed in quick succession both to Philips and it then became the task of Morrison to lead the side, along with Alex Cooke to its second win of the tournament.

Morrison finished with 59 not out and was happy to see another win on the baord: 'I normally open the batting but today Peter Gough opened instead as I came in at number six today. We lost early wickets, including two before the break which wasn't great and it was up to me and Corey Bisson to steady the ship and we put on a 52 run partnership before he departed.

'It was then about batting through to make sure we reached the target, even if it was with only an over or so to spare,' said Morrison.

'Like I said, I normally open, but back when I played in Australia I used to come in down the order so when I came in today at six I knew what I had to do which was that to help the tail bat through. We had to keep trying for the win and I kept saying to the guys that came in to join me it was all about keeping going and getting victory.

'It's definitely taken the heat off us to have another win, although we can't be complacent we have to win tomorrow to keep ourselves in with a chance in this tournament,' added Morrison.

He did admit Nigeria did challenge the side: 'I think early on we bowled too many wides to Nigeria, we shouldn't have let them get more than 80 or 90 but I have to say since we last played them, in our rained-off game, their bowling attack has improved. They made our batsmen commit to shots but putting the ball it the right areas and it paid off for them in the first innings, they are a very competitive side.'

Tomorrow's fixtures will see Malaysia plays Guernsey at Kinrara Oval, Jersey takes on Fiji at Selgangor Turf Club while Nigeria faces up to Kuwait at Bayeumas Oval