It's no change at the top of the NCU Premier League as leaders Lisburn and only remaining challengers CIYMS both won on Saturday – in emphatic fashion.

Lisburn, now just two wins from the title, looked to have the more difficult task, against Waringstown, the only team to have beaten them in the league this season – but the off-colour Villagers were bowled out for 102 at Wallace Park, 76 runs short of their target.

CIYMS completed a six wickets victory over North Down at Belmont in double quick time, needing less than 28 overs to reach their revised target of 137 in 48 overs with skipper Nigel Jones finishing the match 35 not out after ripping through the top half of the visitors innings.

Jones bowled his 10 overs straight through and by the end of the 19th over, North Down were 56 for seven with the former Ireland international taking six of the wickets in a superb display of away swing bowling.

Inside eight overs – his first four – North Down’s main triumvirate of Ani Chore, professional Neil Brand and skipper Alistair Shields were all out with just 23 runs on the board, the latter two dismissed in the space of three balls by Jones.

He then followed up with the wickets of Tom Mayes, Ryan Haire and Hamilton Coulter to leave North Down reeling at 56 for seven and when Graham Kennedy won an lbw decision against Peter Davison it looked to be heading for an early break.

However, Peter Eakin, much like the North Down team, not in the greatest form this season, found willing partners in 15-year-old Drew Parker and 2nd XI player Daniel Corbett to prolong the innings by another 17 overs.

Eakin was last man out for 72, with 10 fours and two sixes, but while the Nos 10 and 11 scored only one of the 70 runs for the last two wickets, Parker faced 23 balls and Corbett held out, unbeaten, for 14 balls.

It was all in vain, however, as despite the early loss of John Matchett and the wickets of Jack Beattie and Kennedy in successive overs, CI were scoring freely and although Brand had Chris Dougherty caught in the deep just 24 runs from the finishing line, Jason van der Merwe came in and hit two sixes off Shields’ second over to win the match and keep the pressure on Lisburn.

But Lisburn show no sign of waning and although they were bowled out for 177 inside 47 overs – they collapsed from 140 for three – the bowlers ensured a comfortable win.

Josh Manley made the breakthrough, having acting captain Adam Dennison caught behind after an opening stand of 30 but that was as good as it got for Waringstown. Matthew Humphreys and David Simpson dismissed international James McCollum and professional Jamie Gibson in successive overs and Neil Whitworth then joined the party to send back Graham Hume and Greg Thompson in successive overs.

Three ball later Morgan Topping’s 58-ball resistance was broken by Faiz Fazal and the tail lasted only another nine overs with spinners Whitworth and Humphreys each finishing with three wickets.

The top two now turn their attention to the Irish Cup with Lisburn at home to Clontarf and CIYMS away to Phoenix in the semi-finals.

Best finish of the day was at Stormont, where Civil Service North chased down their DLS target of 221 in 37 overs to beat Carrickfergus with three balls and just two wickets to spare.

Captain Stuart Thompson looked to be seeing his side home, but after reaching his half-century he was stumped with 14 still wanted and when Alex Hatton had Finn Lutton caught from the first ball of the last over, it was 217 for eight. But Matthew Foster hit his third ball to the boundary to give CSN the exciting win.