Neil Rock will captain the Ireland U19 squad at the World Cup Qualifiers in Holland next month.
The Rush left-hander was part of the squad that clinched the previous WCQ in Jersey two years ago following a dramatic last-gasp victory against Scotland.
He's joined in the squad by Rush team-mate Nathan McGuire, while YMCA have three representatives in Jamie Forbes, Mitchell Thompson and Tim Tector - whose elder brother Harry skippered the U19's at the last World Cup in New Zealand.
Pembroke have two players in the fourteen, with JJ Garth named vice-captain and Gavin Hoey, while top order batsman Alex Stiles of Railway Union brings Leinster representation to eight.
There are three players from the NW region, with Bready duo Gregory McFaul and Marcus Poskitt joined by Brigade's Kyle Magee.
Instonians provide the two NCU players, Left-arm seamer and hard hitting batsman James Hunter included alongside dynamic opener Ollie Metcalfe.
The one wildcard selection is Will Smale, who is something of an unknown quantity. He has an Irish parent, and although attending Taunton school has been a regular all winter at the training sessions, where his performances have persuaded the selectors of his quality.
“July will be a challenging month but one I know the players are very much looking forward to," said U19 Head Coach Ryan Eagleson.
“We’ve picked an exciting squad that includes players who have experience playing with the Ireland Wolves and at Inter-Provincial level. The squad will be led by Rush and Northern Knights wicketkeeper-batsman Neil Rock, with Jonathan Garth his vice-captain – both players providing important experience having been part of the last Under-19s Cricket World Cup in New Zealand in 2018.
“We can’t look too far ahead though. Before we get to the Qualifier we have three matches against Worcestershire, a training camp and a warm-up match against the Emerging Knights – so it will be a busy month ahead but a great challenge for the lads.”
IRELAND U19 SQUAD
- Neil Rock (capt) (Rush)
- JJ Garth (vc) (Pembroke)
- Jamie Forbes (YMCA)
- Gavin Hoey (Pembroke)
- James Hunter (Instonians)
- Kyle Magee (Brigade)
- Gregory McFaul (Bready)
- Nathan McGuire (Rush)
- Oliver Metcalfe (Instonians)
- Marcus Poskitt (Bready)
- Will Smale (King’s College Taunton and Croesyceiliog)
- Alex Stiles (Railway Union)
- Tim Tector (YMCA)
- Mitchell Thompson (YMCA)
- 2 July: Ireland Under-19s v Worcestershire (50-over match, Worcestershire)
- 3 July: Ireland Under-19s v Worcestershire (50-over match, Worcestershire)
- 4 July: Ireland Under-19s v Worcestershire (50-over match, Worcestershire)
- 9 to 12 July: Ireland Under-19s World Cup Qualifier Prep Camp
- 23 July: Ireland Under-19s v Emerging Knights (Friendly, venue TBC)
- 24 July to 2 August: Under-19s World Cup Qualifiers (Netherlands)