The UAE and Scotland were selected as the hosts of the respective ICC Men’s and Women’s T20 World Cup Qualifier events later this year.
Scotland will host the women’s event from 31 August to 7 September 2019 whilst UAE will host the men’s event from 11 October to 3 November 2019.
As part of the ICC’s ongoing commitment to accelerating the growth of the women’s game, there were two significant decisions taken.
The first, from the Chief Executives’ Committee, is around the introduction of an age group Cricket World Cup for girls to create more opportunities for young women around the globe to play the game. The ICC will develop a plan for the introduction of this event during the current commercial cycle.
Additionally, the Board agreed a new composition of the Women’s Committee that provides for a greater strategic focus for the group. The remit of the new Women’s Committee will cover the following:
- Driving the growth in participation of women and girls;
- Overseeing plans to grow the female fan-base and fans of women’s cricket;
- Promoting opportunities for women involved in the administration and leadership of the sport around the world;
- Creating cricket competitions, pathways and events which foster competitive women’s cricket that has clear context and meaning; and
- Playing of international cricket, including playing conditions, regulations, guidelines, rankings, Future Tours Programme and technology.
The new composition of the Women’s Committee will be as follows, with posts to be filled in due course. Clare Connor was confirmed by the Board as the Chair:
- Chair · 2 x Full Member representatives
- 1 x Associate Member representative
- 2 x CEC representatives
- 1 x Independent representative
- 1 x Media representative
- 2 x elected player representatives
- ODI coach representative