Clontarf and Merrion will play in the Women's Senior final after both won high scoring semi-finals over YMCA and Leinster respectively.

Una Raymond Hoey reminded the Irish selectors of her power and talent as she hit 14 fours and 2 sixes in an unbeaten 101from 62 balls as Clontarf scored a whopping 225 for 0.

Teenager Lara Maritz almost matches her run for run, hitting an undefeated 97 from 58 deliveries in a record opening stand for Clontarf.

It was a tremendous batting effort against a YMCA attack that contained new signing Ciara Metcalfe, who switched earlier in the week from The Hills.

To be fair to YMCA, they were undaunted as Jenny Gray and Robyn Lewis threatened to chase down the target as they added 122 in 12 overs.

Gray hit 14 boundaries in her unbeaten 86, while Lewis struck 8 fours and cleared the ropes once in her 58.

Once the stand was broken by Laura Maxwel (2-21) the innings stalled, and Clontarf won by 48 runs as YM ended on 177 for 3.

"I'm really proud of how far the younger girls have progressed the last few months," said Clontarf skipper Una Raymond-Hoey afterwards. 

"That was probably the best we have played as a team so far this season - which was really pleasing to produce this performance in a semi-final.

"Lara Maritz had a special performance with the bat scoring 97 not out but it was our bowlers and gritty fielding which won us the game in the end, especially against quality batting from Robyn Lewis and Jenny Gray.

"All credit to YM who gave a great fight and have some young talent coming through."

Clontarf will meet Merrion in the showpiece decider after the Angelsea Road side ran out 69 run victors in the other semi.

Matilda Lugg hit an unbeaten 95 as Merrion made 218 for 1, sharing an opening stand of 75 with Cecelia Joyce (35) and a match defining second wicket stand of 143 with Isobel Joyce.

Isobel was at her belligerent best, clubbing 13 fours and 3 sixes in a rapid 83 not out - taking 30 off the final over of the innings to put Merrion out of sight.

She and Hannah De Burgh Whyte then took two wickets apiece as Leinster made 149 - Amy Kenealy top scoring with 41.

"We went out aiming for a big score - pretty much looking for 9-10 runs an over - because we knew it was a good wicket and the outfield was lightning quick," said Isobel Joyce afterwards.

"Leinster started well in response but we knew it would be difficult for them to stay up with the rate for the whole 20 overs and that pressure to score told once the field spread and boundaries became harder to score."

The final will be at Angelsea Road on Friday August 3rd.